Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, October 17, 2015

Well, it's been a crazy past few days. Life at the MTC isn't exactly glorious, but its doable. The days are soooooo long, but everyone says that once you hit Sunday its starts to speed up and then when you hit the mission field everything goes lightning fast.... but we will see about that... So far, in the past 3 days, we have probably spend 30 hours in our classroom learning Spanish and less than one third of that was with our teacher Hermana Richards. The rest of that time we have been on our own. I have two companions, Elder Bunker and Elder Broadhead. They are awesome! We have been having a lot of fun together so far.

Learning Spanish is going ok... We are in the advanced class so sometimes it seems like a little much but it's never too bad. Our teacher is really nice and cool but its frustrating to only hear Spanish for several hours. Whenever she slips up and starts speaking English I swear she start to look like an angel. We taught our first lesson to Lucio yesterday. We taught him about God and how to pray. He is a native and only speaks Spanish so I'm not going to lie; it was difficult. I'm also a little ahead of my companions so it was a little stressful because he would only look at me and I had to do most the talking. Which, isn't too bad at first when we are all learning, but it's hard when I'm not as quick on my feet.

Our p-day for the next five weeks is going to be on Saturday. Which is awesome. Also, something else I've learned is that we can receive mail everyday. There is a website that is called dear elder and you can go on and type my name and unit number ( Which is 102) and I can receive that message later the afternoon and evening. So hit that up!!

All the instructors and leaders here are so incredible. They are powerhouses. We met our branch president yesterday and the whole time I was kinda freaking out because I realized my top button on my shirt wasn't buttoned, and apparently, he is a SUPER big stickler on that type of stuff. So the whole time I just beamed into his eyes hoping he wouldn't break I contact and look down at my shirt... And im proud to say.. It worked.

My companion  Elder bunker is going to the south tip of Argentina and Elder Broudhead is going to Manchester New York Speaking Spanish. I've only heard of one other person ever going to my mission and that was from a guy in my district whose older brother went to my mission a little while ago. He was telling me that his brother got robbed twice at gunpoint, 3 times with knives, and 4 other times with no weapons. Apparently, he also got special training on how to avoid that type of stuff. He would carry a wallet full of fake cards and strap his real wallet to his chest. Whenever someone would ask him for the time he would just carry an extra cheap watch to give to them because apparently whenever missionaries would look down at their watches, the thugs would punch them in the face and knock them out and take their stuff.... So basically what I learned from those stories is that I have the potential to become Jason Bourne these next two years.

Oh, and I'm sorry to my Mom and Hanna who had to read that....

Well, we only have an hour to write, so till next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment