Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Another week in Argentine paradise. 
It was definetly a rougher week but it was still pretty good! Once again, nothing too crazy happened. I think I am just getting used to weird stuff I guess. But now that I think about it, I think this week I saw my record of dead dogs burning in a pile of trash. So I guess thats kinda cool and exciting...
This week we didn´t have any investigators at church again:( super sad:( Sundays as a missionary are so awesome but just so brutal sometimes. My companion and I always call Sundays "Game Days" and I really think the name fits because we always get so tired by the end of the day.
This week both of our bikes broke again so that has been just awesome. I really enjoy walking but our area is just so big to handle on foot. We are hanging in there though.

Story of the week:
Yesterday we had lunch with a semi active family in our ward, the Lopez Family. It was our first time meeting them and the dad of the family during dinner was telling us about his mission he served in Rosario Argentina. It was so cool because then I told him how my Dad served in that same mission and they are about the same age so they probably served together. He then looked down at my name tag to see what my last name was and then his face just dropped... He thinks he knows me dad!! We couldn´t believe it!! It was so cool!!! He is almost positive my Dad was in his zone when he first came to the mission field. He knows he has a picture too but we just didn´t have time to find it, but he is so excited to look and find it and then he says he will show us. Such a cool experience!!

Oh also this week I did divisions with our zone leader Elder Starr. We had such a good time haha. He is from San Diego and he goes home in a few days. And the cool thing is it turns out he is really good friends with some of my buddies from college that live in San Diego too!

I guess this week just goes to show how small the world of Mormons is haha.

I hope everyone has a great week!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment