Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

This week went so well!
On Tuesday we taught our invesitgators Gladys and Agustin the word of wisdom. I was pretty stressed out inside because you just never know how someone will react to something like that, but they both accepted it so well!! They really just understood that we have that commandment for our benefit and we show God our obedience and our love by keeping it. It was so awesome. That visit we also met Glady´s ¨significant other¨. He is always working and is usually never home, but luckily he was there when we came to their house. He is really nice guy but right now doesn´t have a lot of interest. Gladys and him have been together for 8 years but still aren´t married. Its a bummer because Gladys won't be able to get baptized until see marries him. My companion and I still have a lot of faith that everything will work out though! Their son though Agustin is still on tract to be baptized the 30th of this month! He is such a stud. Gladys and him both came to church again this week and loved it.
The rest of this week was pretty normal. Nothing too crazy happened. Our other investigators are progressing well and we are hoping for at least 2 or 3 baptisms by the end of the transfer. We had a lot of really good lessons this week and we are staying really busy. 
At church on Sunday I had to give a talk haha. We have sacrament meeting during the last hour of church here, and right after the first hour of church the bishop came up to me and said someone bailed on them and they needed another talk and then asked me to do it. I was kinda stressed because I only had about 5 minutes to think about what to talk about because we were busy the rest of the time until sacrament meeting taking care of investigators during the second hour. But I honestly think I gave a decent talk! I decided to do it on prayer and the scriptures and somehow it all came together. My companion felt so bad for me but couldn't help from laughing as I walked up to the pulpit with just a Book of Mormon in my hand haha.  It actually ended up being like 15 minutes though and everyone said they really enjoyed it! I still have no clue how I did it haha. God really helped me out with that one thats for sure. It really just strengthened my testimony that when we do our part and work hard, God will make up the rest.
I hope everyone has a great week!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment