Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, October 30, 2017

August 28, 2017
Well it was another great week!

Monday- Like I said last week today we went to the temple and it was so great. I was so neat to see all the recent converts go for the first time. Super rewarding and unforgetable experience.

Tuesday- Today was a busy day. It was one of those days where we were racing and behind schedule the whole day. Man I just hate it when its like that! Luckily though in the end it all worked out and we were able to get a lot done.

Wednesday- Another super great day. We were able to get so much done and teach and meet so many great people. I realized today that I have old man´s strength. I probably couldnt even run half a mile straight if I tried to but I can hard core prosilite for hours on end haha. 

Thursday-Today we got caught in a huge storm and got SO wet. 

Friday- We had lunch with the sweetest old lady in our ward today. She is so great. Not only could she win Top Chef but she is such a great example of having hope through her testimony of the plan of salvation.

Saturday- Another really good day

Sunday- In the morning we had to travel to another city to watch a special video broadcast of Elder Rasband that was shown to Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay. It was really good! 

I know the church is true. I know that Jesus is our savior. And I know that when we are instruments in God´s hands we can truely find happiness and bless the lives of others.

Have a great week!
McLane








August 22, 2017
So yesterday was a holiday and everything was closed so I am having to write today.

Monday- I was introduced to the new disney movie Moana!!!  My companion got sent the movie soundtrack and disney music is one of the few things we are allowed to listen to so the whole afternoon we enjoyed pure disney magic.

Tuesday- Well it was transfers today and I got a new companion. His name is Elder Salcedo from Guayaquil Ecuador! Its pretty neat because thats where my younger brother has been called to serve his mission... I have come to have a testimony that God has a pretty good sense of humor because my mission President doesnt know that my brother has been called to serve there at all haha.

Wednesday- Today we traveled to the offices and a member of the Seventy, Elder Bragg came and spoke to our mission. It was really good!

Thursday- My companion eats a TON of bananas...

Friday- Great day full of a lot of lessons and miracles. 

Saturday- It rained today so a lot of our plans fell through which was pretty rough but in the end we were able to get a lot done. 

Sunday- After church my companion and I had to run to the bus station to travel back to the offices so I could have an interview to get a new temple recommend because mine expired. When we finally got back to our area we had this great lesson with the absolute cutest old couple.

Monday- Today we got special permission to go to the temple with a bunch of recent converts here in our ward!!!!! It was so great! I got some awesome pictures but I dont have my memory card with me to send them. But anyways it was a great day and we also had a great afternoon of proseliting. 

oh haha this morning I called the mission nurse to talk to her about some problems I have had falling asleep this past week. My whole mission I have always come back at night completely exhausted and have slept just perfectly but for some reason the last few days I just cannot fall asleep. Last night I am pretty sure I only fell asleep for 1 hour:( I feel perfectly normal but the nurse thinks that deep down inside I am exploding with stress. So tonight, I am suppose to do relaxation excercises and mentally take myself to a ¨peaceful forest woodland¨. We will see how it goes.... Stay tune next week to hear the results.

Well I know the church is true and I know that living the gospel is the key to happiness! I have absolutely no doubt about it.

Have a great week!

Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment