Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Crazy week once again! 
So on Monday, we headed to the travel office and did all the paperwork to redo my FBI clearance. We got all of that done, but we couldn't do the fingerprint part because the cop they have that does it wasn't on duty that day. So we were told to just wait and that they would call us back in when the cop contacts them.
So on Tuesday night they called us into the travel office again and told us they made me an appointment for the next morning. Which was fantastic because I was super eager to get that taken care of. 
On Wednesday the cop picked me and my companions up (they were super excited to tag along...) and took us to the police station on BYU campus to get fingerprinted. It was awesome!!!!!! We had temporarily escaped!!!... under the watchful care of a police officer of course... I can't even explain how nice it was to get away and see new scenery. When we got to the campus and parked I was looking around like crazy for anyone I would know... Sadly no one:( He dragged us straight into the police station.... But it was still really nice to have that feeling of something familiar! I've actually  run into several friends at the temple which has been really cool and fun as well!!... not planed meeting of course because that would be breaking the rules....Anyway, we got the fingerprints taken care of, which was a huge relief. 
In regards to the people we have been teaching, we have finished our lessons with Angela and Jose. Both of them to committed to "baptism" which is awesome but won't happen because they are both members of the church acting as investigators. We are still teaching Lucio though until the day we are leaving.
Friday this week was our teacher's birthday!!! Which was a super fun change!! We threw her a surprise party with the limited resources we have at the mtc. We even made her a pinata in the shape of an Orca Whale out of tissues and cardboard.  It was pretty fun!!
On Friday everyone got there flight plans, and I got mine too! I don't know how the travel office does it, but I am headed to Argentina next week when I am suppose to!!! Which is awesome! And I guess that means I will have some sort of visa because they didn't give me any instructions on how to sneak past security. 

And today we got haircuts. We were all pretty nervous because we have heard some scary stories about the haircuts at the MTC. The barbers are basically just local BYU or beauty school student so you never know what you are going to get. I even heard one kid got a haircut so bad he went home..... But honestly they turned out pretty good!
It was a pretty great week! Only one more week to go!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment