Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, November 30, 2015

Well another week down in Argentina. It was very similar to last week but it was still ok. I hope my spanish is getting better, but I really can´t tell. It´s super easy to get so frustrated sometimes but then I just have to remember to take a step back. 
I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving! I didn´t realize it was thanksgiving till  Thursday night, which was pretty depressing. But at least I remebered to tell my companion happy Thanksgiving later that night! Honeslty, I think I am more depressed that I missed Black Friday... Hahaha
We have been teaching a lot of less active members. They are all very nice. We haven´t done a single bit of contacting though. Which has been kinda lame because for some reason I have kinda been looking forward to that. We have been teaching this one family that has been progressing a lot. Their baptismal date is December 12th and we really hope they will be prepared by then. 
My companion has been sick for most of the week. He was so bad on Wednesday that we had to stay in the apartment all day. Which really stunk because we were going to have a zone meeting later that day. Which means I could have met other missionaries. I was thinking the other night and I realized that for the whole time I have been here, the only family or friend I have within thousands of miles is my companion. Which isn´t very comforting so I´m looking forward to meeting more people at our district meeting tomorrow. But even then there are only two other companionships in our district and I´m pretty sure most of them are native so it´s not like a will be able to talk with them anyways.
We have been walking a lot. Which has been really nice!! Sometimes we take a collecitvo which is like a bus, but they are always really crowded and uncomfortable. 
Nothing too crazy has happened this week. The jokes about me being white and not knowing spanish haven´t stopped but it´s not like I´ve been expecting they would. Actually, now that I think about it, one night, we were walking home in the dark and this crazy guy got all up in our face and and starting trying to tussle with us while quoting scriptures about Jesus being crucified. So that was actually really fun and exciting. 
Anyway, I´m realing looking forward to finally learning Spanish and feeling more like an affective missionary. But it´s just going to take time. 

I also miss carpet... They dont have it here and for some reason it bugs me...


Elder Townsend


No comments:

Post a Comment