Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, December 14, 2015

December 7, 2015
Well another week in Argentina. This place is kinda crazy. It was a long week but it definitely had more flavor than last week.
On Tuesday we went to the stake center a few cities away and had a district meeting. It was awesome because I finally got to meet more people that spoke english! Then afterwards we went out and just did some contacting in the streets for about two hours to help the Elders who have that area. I still haven´t seen a single white girl that speaks english so thats been kinda weird but also nice...
On Wednesday we we had to go to the mission office to do a special training on how to teach the first lesson because we couldnt do it last week when my companion was sick. It was pretty fun. We got to do some practices. One of the assistants to the president taught us. He had to teach every companionship in the mission and he said we were one of the best companionships out of everyone!!! YESSS!! So that felt pretty great....
To get to this mission office though we had to take the public train. Public trains in Argentina are messed up. It wasn´t busy on our way up there, but on our way back home it was ridiculous. Like I totally understand public transportation being crowded, but here it is ridiculous. The train was SOOOO full. Like everyone was standing but no one had to hold onto anything because we were so packed. I have never felt so violated in my life.
The Spanish is coming along slowly. Some days are a lot better than others. All the other missionaries and ward members act really impressed by my Spanish but I think they are just being nice. However, I am starting to understand regular conversations a little bit better. Which is a good and bad because I can understand what they are saying about me. This past week someone someone said I look like I´m fifteen, and another person called me a not very nice word. But on the flip side someone said I look like I am 26, and everyone we talk to compares us to actors. My companion always gets Jim Carrey. Hahaha.. I usually get Ryan Gosling or Zac Efron. Which I guess I could kinda take as a compliment, but considering that they probably dont know any other white actors with my color hair doesnt really build my self esteem or anything. 
In regards to our investigators, some are progessing more than others. We have like ten baptismal dates set for the month of Decemeber but we will have to see how that plays out. The Torres Family, the family we have been teaching since I have been here, are having some difficulties. They have a baptismal date for this Friday but they still have some concerns with tithing. And every time we went to this house this week something would come up. The Dad couldn´t meet with us yesterday because he had to give someone a tattoo. Hahah... He isn´t even a tattoo artist. He just does it as a hobby to bring in some extra cash sometime. Haha... So we will see how that plays out.....
Saturdays are probably my favorite days of the week. Everyone gets so drunk here and walking through the streets is so much fun. People come up to us all the time
and mess with us. Sometimes it gets a little freaky because the like shake your hand and they dont let go and then they get really close to you and tell you like everything they have ever done wrong or something like that. Hahah. 
The weather here is pretty nice but it doesnt feel like December at all and I hate it!! I guess I only have to experience it one more time after this so that's not too bad.

Enjoy the holiday season!!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment