Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

This week was pretty great! A lot of our appointments fell through but we worked through it!
On Tuesday I went to a different area to do divisions with another missionary. He came down here with me so we are both still finishing our training. I was a little worried at first but it actually went very well! It felt awesome to have more responsibilites and a little more stress. Sometimes it is easy to just feel like a puppy during your first little while here but the division definitely showed me puppy time is over. 
The spanish is coming along as well. I have no problem teaching a lesson but understanding people is still a little hit and miss. It gets better and better everyday though. They talk in an informal grammar format called vos here and it is just been hard to adapt to it. It is not something they teach us because we aren´t suppose to use it as missionaries. But literally everyone here uses it but us. I hear it so much sometimes I actually use it when I talk to people and I feel really bad:(
My companion and I have been so tired lately. Some days I am really curious how many miles we bike and walk but I honestly don't want to know because it probably isn´t healthy. Our area is enormous and we are still working on getting more people to teach and scheduling it all out. So some days it is just absolutely brutal. Luckily our Mission president last week ordered all the missionaries to take a 30 minutes break in the evenings. Which is awesome because after our one hour lunch we our moving around working our butts off till 9:00 at night. The heat here is pretty brutal as well. Two summers have definetly been fun but I am so ready for winter.
My companion and I have also been talking to this friend of a member who works for the radio. He wants to do an interview thing about the church on public radio. We had to check with the mission president and stake president and stuff but it is looking like my companion and I are going to be able to do this interview!!! It is going to be crazy!!! I am so nervous but excited at the same time. We are going to be famous and everyone is going to want to be baptized!! He is also thinking about puting it on tv but we will see about that haha.

Have a great week!!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment