Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, February 1, 2016

2/1/16
Pretty crazy week! We were all over the place.

This week was the week I had to do all my paperwork for my visa. So on Wednesday we had to travel to the mission offices and do some traveling around Ramos Mejia to do some of it. It was pretty fun but mostly just a huge waste of time and a lot of confusion. Then on Friday we did the second half of the paperwork. For the second have we had to go to Capital. The center part of Buenos Aires. It was super cool. We were taken in a taxi and we got to see a large part of the city. The center part of the city is super nice and super pretty. The further you get away from the center though not so much. It was very interesting to drive through though. I had never seen anything like it. It is really hard to explain. The best way I can describe it is very congested and ummm...rustic... I am just super glad our mission doesn´t have any of those areas. They would be crazy to work in.

Then on Thursday we had to travel to a town near by to have our interviews with our mission president. It was super awesome. He is such an incredible guy.

And on Saturday Cristina got baptized!!!!!! It was so awesome!! I would send pictures but these computers won´t let me. It all turned out so great. All of her family came and they really enjoyed it. A recent convert in the ward named Diego did the baptism but because Cristina is older and doesn´t move very well so my companion and I both had to get in the font too. We were really worried we would break her so we chair-baptized her. Thats right, we put a chair in the font and we just had her sit down and we dipped her backwards. It was so awesome. Unforgetable. 

The work in our area is progressing so much it is incredible. We have been so blessed. 

I hope everyone has a great week.

1/25/16
This week was pretty great! 
On Wednesday we went to the Mission Offices for the missionary broadcast. We got up super early and took two trains to get there. The sisters in our area went with us. They second train we took was so packed!!!! I have been on the train when it has been really bad but this time was super bad! Everyone said it was the worst they had every seen it. It was literally so packed my feet came off the ground and I was supported up by the people around me. That train is going to be the death of me. Luckily we don´t take it often. 
The missionary work this week went great! We didn´t teach very many lessons but we really progressed in our area. We are working with a lot of great people that have a ton of potential. 
On Saturday evening we had a Capilla Abierta. Which is basically an open house for the chapel. It went awesome. The whole ward particiapted and we had a lot of people come. It was exhausting but super fun...
It has been so hot this week!! I have also been sick with a cold so it has been pretty miserable. It is great though because everyone feels bad for us. When we walk up to people just soaked in sweat they always have pity for us. It is just hard because we are outside literally all day long... I am so ready for colder weather. I have actually started to dream about playing in the snow. It also doesn´t help that our house is a furnace made out of bricks and with no windows. On the bright side it is suppose to be better this week! To handle the heat my companion and I both buy a kilo of ice cream every week. We have this place in town we like to go to called Grito. The workers there are becoming our best friends. Whenever we walk in they just laugh at us. It is kinda shameful but not really. It is a necessity of survival.
Oh and this next Saturday our investigator Cristina is getting baptized!! We are so excited!! She is such a sweety and she loves to talk. When I showed her the picture of my family she got all excited and said she is going to send all of her grandchildren to come marry my brothers and I. I started to laugh but then I realized she wasn´t kidding.... She really really wants ¨Rubio¨ great grandchildren.
I hope you all have a great week!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment