Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, May 16, 2016

It was a great first week in Parque San Martin! 

There are a lot of new changes so I will explain each one seperately:

My new companion is named Elder Vicente. He is such a great guy. He is from Brazil and he is the only member in his family of like 12 haha. He is going home fairly soon so he has a lot of experience and I have already learned so much from him. He doesn´t speak english like at all but I am doing my best to teach him before he heads home! 

The ward in this area is so great! They all love the missionaries so much and are always willing to help us out. I would say it is probably the strongest ward I have been in so far. They are the best!

The area itself is ok I guess haha. We share the ward with two other elders and our area is... well.... just fine. Its mostly suburb-ish. It is hard to explain what it is like because I have never seen anywhere in the states that compares to it. Its not anything like a suburb in the states. Its almost all dirt roads and pretty hood- ish. Its just kinda filthy and dark everywhere haha. I´ll just say its not very enjoyable to the eyes and I will leave it at that haha... Its pretty dangerous in some areas and with it being almost winter here it gets dark pretty fast which isn't good. We have already had some....ummm....interesting experiences so far this week but we are working on finding investigators in the few places of our area where there is light and its less dangerous so we don't run into even bigger problems in the middle of winter when it gets darker even earlier.


The missionary work in the area is going fairly well. There are a lot of less active members so we are working with them. We really could use some new investigators though so we are working on that. This week we found this great 17 year old kid named Thomas so that's awesome!

Our apartment is definitely the nicest one I have been in! Which isn´t saying very much but at least its an upgrade! We live with the other elders in our ward so that's pretty fun too!

Well I hope everyone has a great week!

Take care!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment