Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Sunday, August 14, 2016

August 8, 2016
Super crazy great week!

We have been so busy everyday running around to lessons and meeting new people its been great. I dont really know where to begin explaining everything that happened but I will do my best. 

Well on Tuesday I recieved my new companion. His name is Elder Copeland. He is from Alaska. He is a great guy. Honestly its been kinda a struggle to talk in English because that last three months I had been only talking in Spanish with my Brazilian companion. But its been great to learn my native language again haha. 

On Wednesday we had a full day running around to lots of lessons. It was great. We also met some new families we are going to start working with.

Thursday was awesome as well. We had an awesome lesson with a Lady named Maxima. She is a member that hasnt been going to church for a while. Last year her
husband died and it has been so hard for her. We have been starting to work with her and now she is doing so well! She has been coming to church and we are helping her get everything ready so she can have the work done for her husband in the temple and they can be sealed together as a family forever. We are really happy for her. The rest of the day we spent having some great visits too.

Friday was a great day but also a trial of faith haha. I woke up with a bit of a cold which isnt fun. And then in the morning we walked over to a members house to do some service. While we were walking there some punks thought it would be funny to shoot a rock at me with there sling shot. Then when we got to his house to do the service it started to rain. For the service we had haul these heavy beams made of cement to this guys back yard to make a roof. My companion wasnt feeling well so I ended up having to carry all of them. Then for lunch an older member of our ward gave us a tuper of liver and onions.... So lets just say the day started out rougher than normal but at night we had some great lessons so it was all worth it.

On Saturday we had another great day. Our last lesson of the day was with Silvia, the lady we recently baptized, and her son, Jony who is 18 who we are working with to be baptized in the next few weeks. It was such a great lesson. They are both so awesome. After every lesson with them i cant even explain how happy I am. They have both grown and changed show much and there is no greater joy as a missionary to know you are making a difference in someones´ life.

Sunday was a super crazy day too. We learned about several families that have a lot of interest and we are going to start working with them.

Well i hope everyone has a great week and is enjoying the olympics!


Elder Townsend


August 1, 2016
Well we had our baptisms this week! Our investigators Silvia and Thomas both got baptized and it was awesome. Another kid whose family are members got baptized with our investigators as well so that was cool too. My companion this week also finished his mission so you can imagine it was a 

pretty crazy and hectic week!



I dont have a lot of time to write this week and explain everything in detail but everything went so well. The baptisms were such a great experience for both Silvia and Thomas. We also had a great week full of wonderful lessons with some great investigators we are working with.

Oh and today is the start of the new transfer cycle. I will be staying in my area and recieve a new companion so thats pretty awesome too!

Take care

Elder Townsend


July 25, 2016
This past week was a week in my mission I will never forget haha.

I dont exactly know the best way to describe everything that happened so I will just tell the story from the beginning.

Last Monday night a member in our ward gave us some cheese and ham that see had bought in the farmers market. My companion and I thought we were super smart and that night decided to make ham and cheese empanadas. We were pretty content because they tasted really good. The next day we had a great day but in the night we started to feel a little wierd.... To keep the story short lets just say both my companion and I were up that night super sick. Like really, really sick haha. The next day, Wednesday, we spent suffering rolling around in pain and discomfort in our beds. It was probably the most miserable I have been in all of my life I am not going to lie haha. Especially becasue as missionaries we couldnt do anything besides enjoy our suffering listening to church music....On Thursday we already started to feel better and we were able to start doing some missionary work. And now, both me and my companion feel great.... I REPEAT (for my mom) I AM FINE NOW and we are back to working as normal.

But surely it was an unforgettable experience. And I pray with all my heart and soul it never happens again, expecially for the rest of my mission haha. I guess it was just a sign that I should stay out of the kitchen...

On the bright side Silvia and our other investigator Thomas both had their interviews this week and passed! Their baptisms will be this Saturday and we are so excited! Its going to be so awesome! 

The rest of the work in our area is going well too! We are working hard and now enjoying every second of being healthy!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Townsend



July 18, 2016
Another great, busy week!

I am not going to lie, it is getting so hard to write these weekly letters haha. Everything is just a blur now. Sometimes I feel like my brain is starting to turn into jello as a missionary. I cant really remember anything funny or super interesting that happened this week so i guess I will just give an update on Silvia and her son Johnathan! They are both doing so great!! This week we had two lessons with them and the both went so well. Silvia is progressing on track and will defintely be getting baptized the 30th of July! Her son Johnathan is progressing super great as well but we have been teaching him only for a short while and he needs a bit more time before he can be baptized. My companion and I just love teaching them so much. All the experiences we have shared with them are just so special. Its just been a super spiritual conversion for both Silvia and her son. We are super excited for both of them.

While I was typing all of that I remembered a few weird things that happened this week!! 
-A cultural event came into our city and my companion and I tried Arabic tacos! They were super good!
-Some guy on the street that walked by us called me a hot dog... that was the first time that ever happened.
-We saw a couple couple kissing in a bus stop get splashed hard core by a car that drove through a puddle.
-Some kids we walked by at night thought they were funny and pegged me in the back with an apple.
-Silvia made us the best pizza I have ever eaten!

Well I hope everyone has a great week! 


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment