Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2016

So it was a super great week down here in Buenos Aires! A ton of great stuff happened!

Monday- So I realized today that my mission has made me such a clean freak. Like I literally cant function mentally if there are dirty dishes in the sink or if my desk isn't perfectly organized. I don't even know how to explain it... Mondays are the days we do a lot of cleaning in our apartment and I seriously enjoy it so much it is pathetic. I feel like Mary Poppins every Monday dancing around and cleaning my little heart out. Its the best.

Tuesday- So we had transfers today!!!! In the morning I headed to the offices of the mission and I was there almost all day waiting for my new companion I will be training. And waiting in the offices was so difficult because I saw several of my old companions that are going home in a few days:( Its so sad and crazy how fast time flies by....But anyway.... Sooooooo my new companion is Australian!!! His name is Elder Soberanas and he´s a great guy! His accent is so cute and just hearing him talk makes me laugh. Its going to be a great transfer. We are both super excited!

Wednesday- It was a super great first day with Elder Soberanas! It is such a different experience to be training. Being with him today really made me realize how much adapting someone needs to do to be a missionary haha. And also being with him today really made me feel like an old Grandpa haha. I am so outdated on everything that is currently going on in the world. I seriously have so much catching up to do when I get home haha....But something I learned from my companion is that one of my favorite songs before my mission, ¨¨all time low¨¨ was one of the biggest songs on itunes in Australia a little while ago!! 

Thursday- We had several great lessons today so that was awesome! We also had time to do some contacting and we were able to find some great new people to work with... As a missionary you kinda just do your thing and you dont really realize what you are doing in the moment. But today I just shocked myself because I realized I have become such a smooth talker on my mission haha. If someone takes the time to talk with me, I can literally get them to end up giving me there name, address, phone number, and have them willing to receive us in their house to share our message. Its great that I have developed this skill to be a missionary but man sometimes it makes me feel really shallow and not very sincere.... But hey its for their own salvation so I feel ok doing it!! haha

Friday- In the morning today we did service! I have seriously learned so much about argentine construction on my mission it is crazy!! But for some reason for my whole mission I have always gotten nominated to do the most dangerous parts haha. I am just convinced that no one wants me to make it home haha.

Saturday- Another great day with lots of lessons! One of the houses we visited today had 10 dogs.... 10 stinking dogs.... Before my mission I always dreamed of getting a dog when I am young and start my family but after all the times I have gotten bit and chased I am going to need to go through rehab before that ever happens... 

Sunday-Today I woke up super sick and sore. I felt like I had literally been in five bar fights the night before. I had the huggest headache and a super weak stomach and everything hurt. Sitting through church was such a struggle. But I made it through the day and at night we set a baptismal date for Lucas on the 30th of December!!!!!!

I hope everyone has a great week!


Elder Townsend
Meat❤
So for my whole mission I have been trying to mast card throwing... This is how far I have come...


My companions first taste of argentine meat. They grow up so fast😥

No comments:

Post a Comment