Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, December 19, 2016

December 19, 2016
It was a super great week! The Christmas spirit is hopping here in the city of Santos Lugares!

Monday- So today I realized the computers we use for writing our families every Monday has AutoCad.... My goodness its so funny sometimes how God tests my obedience on my mission haha. Then later today we had a great lesson with a new guy we found named Maxi! He is super great and we are excited to start working with him and his wife!

Tuesday- In the morning today we had a zone meeting! Then after that we headed back to our area and we had a normal day! We made several great visits and our last lesson of the day was definitely one I will never forget haha... So we visited this guy named Ezekiel that has been investigating the church for a while and is really struggling to progress, but we just passed by his house in the night quickly to meet him. So we were in the lesson and Ezekiel was listing excuses of why he doesn't want to be baptized even though he feels the church is true. And he looks at me and says, ¨¨Imagine it Elder Townsend, you, coming home, and finding your wife cheating on you with your best friend... that is how I felt when no members from the church came to visit me when I was in the hospital¨¨ ... After he said that to me I literally had to bite my tongue to keep myself from getting up and slapping the patheticness out of him and that excuse.... So that was great. But the cool part about that lesson was after my companion finished the lesson with a prayer and asking for his heart to be softened, the chair Ezekiel was sitting in completely collapsed out of no where and he fell on the ground... Super cool stuff. God is real.

Wednesday- Today was a great day! We found a great new Peruvian family to start working with and we made several great visits! Also I saw for the first time today the Iphone 7!!!! I almost couldn't believe it! haha. I am pretty sure the lady holding it thought I wanted to steal it because I was staring at it so much haha.

Friday- Today I did divisions today with Elder Marple!!!! He was my second companion ever back when I was in Marcos Paz over a year ago! Man it was so great to be with him for the day and catch up on old times!! But also super sad because he is finishing his mission and headed home in about 9 days!! I love that kid so much. It is so crazy how fast time passes by here.

Saturday- It was so hot today I am pretty sure my companion lost five pounds from all the sweating and walking around we did haha. Poor guy. But it was a super successful day! On our way back to our apartment though at night I heard my favorite Christmas song ever.... Mistletoe by stinking Justin Bieber.... I literally started running to try to get away from hearing it because it makes me so home sick haha.

Sunday- Several of our investigators came today so thats great! The rest of the day was pretty normal. Then at night we were eating dinner with a less active family and the power went out... So my companion and I finished the week with a romantic candlelit dinner haha.

Well I hope everyone has a great week and a great Christmas!! And don't forget to remember the true meaning of why we celebrate!!


Elder Townsend

This week, I taught my new companion that if he wants to gain the confidence of people and baptize a lot in his mission, he needs to learn how to make a killer batch of banana bread


No comments:

Post a Comment