Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

December 26, 2016
Merry Christmas!!!

So this week was super great! To be honest, in terms of missionary work, it was a lot harder because sadly during this time of year, everyone is interested in everything but jesus haha. But on the bright sad we still had a pretty succeful week and the work in our area is doing really well.

Monday- Pretty normal day. Story of my life haha

Tuesday- In the morning we had to do some traveling. Then for lunch my poor companion was dieing to eat fish and chips so we had some time and I made him that to eat haha. In the afternoon we made several great visits. We visited a family we have been working with for a while. The father is the only one that isnt a member but now he is super close to being baptized so that is super awesome!

Wednesday- So in the morning today the wife of our mission president called (which doesnt happy very often...like at all). Another missionary in our apartment answered and she said that say was coming to our apartment for some reason and then she asked to make sure that I was going to be in the apartment too.... So yeah that freaked me out. I was almost convinced my Mom had died or something and she was coming to break me the news. But then see got here and apparently all she wanted to do was bring us a few gift bags they are giving to all the missionaries in the mission for christmas.... so that was a relief haha.

Thursday- Today we set a baptismal date for one of our investigators named Mikaela! So thats awesome! Finding her was an absolute miracle. A few weeks ago on a monday, my companion and I were walking back to our apartment after writing our families and shopping in the morning. I wasnt in a super awesome mood but when this older lady walked by us both my companion and I felt like we shoulod go talk with her and so we took the time to to go track her down. She turned out to be a member of the church that was baptized in Paraguay but had moved a few years back and hadnt gone to church here... So mikaela is her granddaughter and is super great and so ready to be baptized!

Friday- So on Fridays we teach english classes in our chapel. It is always so intersesting to see who comes and what happens haha

Saturday- So in the night of christmas eve is when they celebrate here! We had a big dinner with a great family in our ward and it was super great!

Sunday- So 14 members came to church today haha.... Then at night I got to talk to my family on skype!!!!! It was great!

Well I hope everyone has a great week!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment