Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

January 2, 2017
Happy New Year! 

So 2016 seriously passed by so fast it kinda scared me. And don't even get me started on how scared and nervous I am for all the changes that lie ahead for the year 2017. 

Monday- So today we taught a Peruvian missionary how to play basketball haha. It was a very interesting and possibly even too funny of an experience. But just in case anyone is ever wondering, be careful with Peruvians because they naturally have a good hook shot.

Tuesday- So at night today we went to go visit this one family. And sitting on a table in their back yard was a toy gun, but it was the type of toy gun that looks real.... So I looked over at my Australian companion and he has seriously got the weirdest look of horror in his face I had ever seen.... Then I absolutely died laughing because I realized that was literally the first gun-like object he had ever seen in his life haha.

Wednesday- We had a super great lesson with this catholic family we have been teaching the past few weeks! We taught them the plan of salvation and it was probably the best plan of salvation lesson I have seriously ever taught in my life! It was so cool to see them hear about a message of so much hope! 

Thursday- In the morning today we had interviews with our mission president so that was pretty fun and exciting. Then in the afternoon we came back to our area and finished the day with some great lessons.

Friday- Today we went on divisions and I stayed in my area for a change so that was super nice haha. It was definitely a division I will never forget because me and the Elder I was with totally almost died haha..... So in the morning we were visiting this older lady that is super nice and great but just a little slower in the head... if you know what I mean.... And so we were sitting at this table outside with her and she wanted to give us something to drink. And we explained to her how we can only drink water from the tap if we put a drop of bleach in it (thats just a rule for all missionaries in my region). So she went back into her house and she brought back this empty soda bottle full of liquid and two cups. She then sat down and told us that we could serve ourselves when we wanted. Then just when I was about to pour out of the bottle into our cups her kid came out of the house with a different bottle that was water and then we totally realized we almost drank from a bottle of pure bleach.... So that was exciting.

Saturday- Today was so hot!! Like probably one of the hottest days I have had in my missions. My heart literally ached every time I looked to my side and saw my poor new companion baking alive. Its hard because all I can do is smile and suffer with him haha. One thing I have learned though to help his motivation throughout the day is to just constantly remind him how much God is going to bless him with a more loving and pretty wife the more he suffers on his mission... That tactic has been helping a lot haha.
At night today we had to be back in our apartment at 6:00 so we really didn't get that much of a new years celebration. It was pretty fun though because we bought a bunch of non alcoholic drinks and watched the fireworks

Sunday- So we got to church today and no one was there....haha. Argentines here just party too hard and church the next day at 9:00 in the morning is truly a trial of faith. But luckily after a few minutes a handful of members rolled in and it was enough to have the classes and sacrament meeting. 

Well I hope everyone has already had a great start to the new year! Set goal! They help you reach your true potential!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment