Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017

Ok so I need to apologize in advance because this email is going to be relatively short! Today had been pretty crazy and I am emailing here at night and the computer place we are using is going to close down soon.... but anyway...

LUJAN!!!!! So this week was my first week in my new area and it was great! Lujan is super pretty. It has a bit of city but also has some calmer parts more in the forest. It is a rest from the city that was very needed haha.

So here is some information about my new area and what is going on:
In our ward there are 3 sets of missionaries. 2 Sets of guy missionaries and 1 set of girl missionaries.

Honestly, right now, we don't have like any investigators. But thats ok! We just have a lot of work to do!.... We spent so many hours in the sun this week I am pretty sure my skin turned about 5 times darker.

My new apartment is so nice! We live with the other set of guy missionaries in our ward and they are awesome. All four of us our from the United States and it is going to be a super fun transfer together haha. And the best part is our shower has a ton of water pressure! God truly does bless us for our sacrifices haha.

Our area is a bike area which I am not too happy about but it is what it is. 

Currently the members don't feed us in our ward so yeah...  haha

Monday- Today I had to say goodbye to a ton of people in my last area, santos lugares. The saddest part of being a missionary is saying so many goodbyes. Its something I will never enjoy or get used to. 

Tuesday-My first day in my new area! We had a pretty decent day and got a lot of work done. On our way home at night a miracle occurred. I was able to ride one-handed, on my bike with no brakes, balancing 24 loose-eggs through a downtown busy street at night. Get on my level.

Wednesday- We did some service in the morning but because things went faster than we planned we ended up having lunch early and we did strait proselyting from noon to 9:00. Pretty long, hot day but we were able to get a lot done.

Thursday- Normal day

Friday- Super great lesson with a Jehovahs witness family we found! Some heated words were thrown around but it turned out great!

Saturday- At night we did service with the other Elders in our ward and we dug a 9 foot hole!

Sunday- We had to travel to Ramos Mejia at night because we had a meeting today. We slept in an apartment with 18 other missionaries packed together. It was super fun. I felt like I was in college again haha.

So the reason I am writing late is that today in the morning we had a special meeting with the Apostle Elder Stevensen! It was a super special opportunity!

Well I hope everyone has a great week!


Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment