Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, March 27, 2017

March 13, 2017
Yeah so it was a pretty great week! The temperature is starting to cool off and we couldn't be happier haha

Monday- So we had a meeting at night and one of the sister missionaries in our ward that is from Honduras made brownies. Yeah so that was... not something I was expecting haha. 

Tuesday- We had another visit with our Jehovah Witness friends! This time they even dressed up in shirt and ties to match us haha We shared with them the plan of salvation and it was so neat to be able to explain that to them. They invited us to one of their conferences this Tuesday night. Id love to go but we definitely wont have time haha.

Wednesday- So at night we quickly passed by our friend Jorge who lives in the train cart to see how he was doing. He wasn't doing to well though:( the night before one of his buddies stabbed him and he also told us about how he gave his dog a priesthood blessing... oh and to top it off he hasn't even received the priesthood yet... The gospel is truly a learning process haha

Thursday- A longer day and all of our appointments fell though:( 

Friday- In the afternoon we found this great new investigator named Celeste! We had a super great lessons with her and she is showing a lot of potential! Oh and at our missionary correlation at night with our mission leader they made us waffles! I just about died! 

Saturday- A day full of preaching!

Sunday- So the class at church today in our elders quorum was ¨The daughters of God¨ so basically it was just an hour long of all the old guys in our ward lecturing us missionaries about the importance of marriage and what we should look for. Not very enjoyable.... But in the afternoon we traveled to this smaller town and found some great new people!


Well I hope everyone has a great week!


March 20, 2017
It was such a great week!

Monday- The album for EFY 2017 is now available!!! haha yeah so as missionaries our entertainment is pretty limited so when we downloaded the album last Monday all 4 of us missionaries raced back home because we were dying to hear it. And I am happy to say it is actually pretty good! We all enjoyed it a lot, but there is just one thing; for everyone that reads this email that is currently serving a mission- DO NOT listen to the song titled ¨What family means to me¨.... Thats song left all four of us in a coma. I don't think I need to explain more.  You have been warned.

Tuesday- Super miracle! There is a returned missionary in our ward that told us to come to institute tonight because he has friend who is interested in the church. Well so we went and we met and taught his friend named Laura! Oh my goodness she is seriously so awesome!! She understands so well and has so much interest. Her baptismal date is the 8th of April. Oh and after we left that lesson my companion and I were walking to our apartment to go to sleep and we were so happy and on a spiritual high I decided to call this kid who is a friend of a member we have been struggling to find and teach. So he answered and I got to talking with him and he had so much interest I committed him to be baptized April 8th too and he accepted. Now I can say I have set baptismal dates over the phone haha.

Wednesday- Super rainy day. And to top it off my companion had a flat tire so we were walking the whole day. Lots of walking.

Thursday- We met with our Jehovah Witness friends today! And this time they invited someone of even higher rank! I am not quite sure but it sounded like he was like the pastor or something of all of the city I am in. So that was super cool! They are actually showing more and more interest in the church the more we teach them. Oh then at night an old lady in our ward called us panicing saying that she had sand delivered to her house and that they just left it out on the curb and she needed us to move it to the back of her house so no one would steal it. So we quickly raced over there, at like 8:00 at night, and moved this huge pile of sand as fast as we could and raced back home to be back before it was too late. Our lives are so crazy haha.

Friday- We had a great day full of teaching and finding some new investigators. Also during the day I saw these kids doing this weird thing like they were acting like they were sneezing or something into their elbows? I was so confused. Then my companion explained to me that there is this big dance move called the ¨dab¨? Seems pretty ridiculous and silly if you ask me...  

Saturday- A super great day! We were able to get a lot done and teach several great lessons!

Sunday- Church was awesome. We had several of our investigators in church and then later in the night we were able to meet some awesome families. 

I know this church is true. I know that God loves us. I know that families can be eternal. These are all truths I have come to have such a strong testimony of and I cant deny them.

Oh and we get to go to the temple tomorrow as a mission so stay tune for pictures next week!

Elder Townsend



March 27, 2017

It was a pretty great week!

Monday- We played soccer with the youth in our ward today! It was pretty fun! 

Tuesday- We went to the temple today as a zone! We met in the morning at our chapel and took a bus to the temple. It was seriously so awesome! I can't explain how much I love going there. It is so nice to just take off my watch and stop worrying about everything. Super great day.

Wednesday-Saturday- I feel bad for doing this but the rest of the week was just kinda a blur. Nothing too crazy happened. We were busy everyday teaching lessons and finding new people to teach. Oh but now that I am thinking about it we found this super cool new investigator, older lady. She has some of the craziest stories I have ever heard! For example she was kidnapped by Nazis in the 70´s. Neat stuff.

Domingo- We had several investigators in church so that is always awesome! Laura, the investigator we found last week, Is still progressing well to her baptism on the 8th of April!

So this week is General Conference! I hope everyone takes the time to watch it and ponder about the messages that will be given! Modern day revelation is pretty neat stuff!

Elder Townsend




No comments:

Post a Comment