Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, April 17, 2017

April 10, 2017
Yeah so it was a pretty interesting week. But first off...

TRANSFERS! SO I am leaving this area and headed back to the zone of Marcos Paz to open an area called Arco Iris. I am pretty excited because I have heard great things about the work there but I have also heard it is very... hood-ish haha Ill just say I am sure a lot of good stories will come from my time there...

Monday-  So some things happened in the night and its a long story but basically we ended up going into the hospital here with a member to quickly see another member lady that is sick. Yeah so that was my first time in a hospital here and lets just say I struggled to sleep later that night haha. I felt like I was in a apocalyptic movie. 

Tuesday- Today I did divisions! It was a super great day. For lunch as a group of missionaries we went to a pizza buffet!! I still haven't decided if I like the pizza here more or the pizza in the sates. I guess I just don't really like pizza all that much in general but whatever haha. 

Wednesday- Today we did some traveling and a ton of finding! It was awesome! We got a lot done. The highlight of the day was definitely during a contact I got nailed in the head by a soccer ball some kids kicked haha.

Thursday- SO here is where my week got interesting... In the morning I started to feel kinda funny but it was nothing that called my attention too much. But then we had lunch with some members and on our walk back to our apartment to study I was kinda struggling and I guess you could say I almost fainted. So we finally got home and felt like my body was shutting down in a way so I checked my temperature and it was 104 degrees. Yeah so that seemed pretty high to me so we had to call our mission nurse (who is just a young, girl missionary assigned to be a nurse that received a medical degree). So the rest of the day I was just suffering in bed and my companion was doing everything the nurse told him to do.

Friday- We stayed inside all day. It was awful and painful. I think I had the nurse pretty nervous and worried haha. But man there was no way I was going to let her send me to a hospital, especially after seeing the one I saw on Monday haha...Oh and to top things off, I embarrassed myself big time haha. So I was talking with the nurse on the phone and at the end of the conversation I asked, ¨so I will just call you tonight?¨, then there was a pause, and without even thinking I muttered and thought out-loud ¨man, it´s been a really long time since I have said that to a girl¨.... Super unprofessional and not ok. At least the nurse is chill and just thought it was funny.

Saturday- Same thing but I started to feel better at the end of the day

Sunday- I was able to go to church today!!! We also did some proselyting at night! The Lord truly does work miracles because I thought I was done for it haha. Definitely was a combination of medication and priesthood blessing haha

Well so now I am doing pretty well! But man it was a long, exhausting week.

I hope my family doesnt freak out about me telling all this. Normally I dont share stuff like this, and I actually wasnt planning to write about it today, but I literally had nothing else to write about this week haha... but dont worry mom, I am fine now:)


I hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment