Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, April 24, 2017

April 24, 2017
Monday- The day we went to go see Elder Nelson. It was so great. But man the days we have to travel like that become the longest days of my life. So exhausting, but I guess you could say spiritually rewarding

Tuesday- Today I had to do divisions and go to another area. We had a pretty great day. Nothing too crazy happened. I was with an Elder Markle from Texas. It was super cool and funny because he is super close to a girl that grew up with him in his ward and that girl is one of my super close friends from BYU. The world of mormons is way too small sometimes.

Wednesday- Luckily I was back in my area today and we were able to get a lot done. Today I realized that in this new ward I am in every member family has this weird obsessions with Star Wars haha. It is kinda freaking me out. Before I came here I had never even heard anyone talk about it before. The member family we ate with today almost started to cry when I told them I hadn't seen the last two movies that came out...

Thursday- Today was a pretty great way. We visited with a lot of people and did a lot of walking... but I guess that is just everyday haha... It is fun being out in the streets so much because people just say the weirdest things sometimes. It is too entertaining. At night tonight it was a little hectic though because all missionaries when we get back home to our apartments at night are always suppose to send a message or call to let people know we got home safe. But tonight we couldn't contact a few missionaries because their phones weren't working but we didn't know that so yeah you can imagine the slight craziness of everything.

Friday- Today I had to do divisions again and go to another area. We had a good day. The only thing is every time I have to travel like this I always forget my coat and I seriously get so cold out in the street at night. My body just really struggles handling the cold. Its pretty bad.

Saturday- Today was a great day because we had the best lunch every with the sweetest old member lady!! Everything she made was seriously so good!!! She even made us lemon pie! It was super cute because she made all four of us missionaries promise we would only marry people that know how to cook haha 

Sunday- The ward I am in is so funny. In the Elders quorum today for various reasons I had to bite my tongue from laughing so hard. It was just a huge mix of a blind teacher, apostasy, crazy recent converts, angry less active members, false doctrine, and this crazy guy that would not stop trying to sneak tithing envelopes into my bag haha. Man I love this ward so much haha.... At night today though things got a little crazy because we were in the street of a more sketchy part of our area and the power went off. Things probably got more spooky than my grandmas house at Halloween. Shouting, weird noises, people riding horses, etc... The things I would do to have to have camera in the street.

Well I hope everyone has a great week


Elder Townsend

I wasn't going to send this video from a few months back when I went to the zoo but I feel bad because I don't have very many pictures to send this week so...



No comments:

Post a Comment