Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, April 17, 2017

April 17, 2017
It was an awesome first week here in my new area Arco Irsis! 

So just to give a few details of my new area;
-I am living in an apartment of 4 missionaries
-The ward here seems great. They have an attendance of about 100 each Sunday but there are about 700 members in the directory
- We have lunch about every day with members! 
-My new companion is named Elder Cobb and he is from Utah

Both my new companion and I don't know the area so this week we had sooooo much learning to do. It was fantastic. We met so many people!

Yeah so this area... how do I put this... is not a place I would bring my family or loved ones to to visit and come see. If that makes sense? haha. I guess you can say Im not in Kansas anymore.

But its great because with my area being a lot more humble and sketchy the missionary work here is awesome! I feel like Moses walking through the streets down here!!! I can seriously almost smooth talk my way into entering any house I want haha... but no, I don't do that haha.... 

This area is not a bike area so I am glad to be back walking. And oh boy did we walk this week haha. We had so much to do and so many people to meet we just walked for hours and hours getting to everyone and getting things organized. We didn't even really have time to sit down and teach.

So basically this week was a pretty big blur. But some pretty crazy stuff happened today... and for that reason I am emailing a little later than usual today...

Last night we had to travel to the offices of our mission. We got there and I then had to travel again to the apartment of one of my old areas Santos Lugares! It was seriously so cool to go back there! It was already late when I got there though so we couldn't go out and say hi to anyone:( but anyway I spent the night there sleeping on the floor and then we got up super early today in the morning and headed to the a chapel in the city center of buenos aires because THE APOSTLE ELDER NELSON AND HIS WIFE CAME TO TALK TO MY MISSION!!!! it was super awesome! I got to shake both of their hands!!! He even looked at me and asked, ´how's it going Elder Townsend?´!!! I was kinda freaked out at first but then I realized I was wearing a my name tag like always haha. But anyways that was a super special experience and we just barely got back to our area a few hours ago. It has been a super great day!!

Yeah so that has been my week! This next week should be pretty great to. I have already got so many stories to tell from this area. Being a missionary is an adventure haha


I hope everyone enjoys the spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment