Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

July 10, 2017
Well it was super rainy this week but a lot fo good things happened!

Monday- At night we had a lesson with an investigator who is Fourteen that has been coming closer and closer to baptisms. For a handful of reasons it was kinda looking like he wasnt going to be getting baptized soon but tonight a miracle happened and he finally decided to get baptized! He will be getting baptized this Saturday.

Tuesday- Well we did divisons today! It was also the fourth of July! No one told me happy fourth of july but inside all day I felt radiating with red white and blue haha. At our english classes at night I wanted to have all the kids memorize the United States national Anthem but my companion thought that probably wasnt the most politically correct thing to do. He was probably right.

Wednesday- In the morning we did service with this great family and basically we just hand chipped away the cement floor to make a hole to get to some pipe. So that was a first haha 

Thursday- A great day full of rain but luckily a lot of lessons! We also probably rode the fullest public transport bus in the history of Argeninta. 

Friday- Definelty a memorable day. So at night we were suppose to have ward council. So my companion and I arrived at the chapel but only the bishop was there and he told us the meeting was cancled because someone in the ward had past away. So we ended up going with the bishop to the ¨velatorio¨, which is basically a place hear where they have the open coffin and all the family and loved ones come to see the body and be sad together. It was the first time I think I have every been that close face to face with someone who has passed away. It was neat though because it really made me reflect on my tesitmony of the Plan of Salvation as I saw the family come and be together.

Saturday- Day full of visits and rain

Sunday- Today was the fourth of July but for Argentina! It was raining, everyone was drunk or insided sleeping, but in the end, it was actually a pretty effective day haha.

Well I know the church is true and I know without a doubt that God has a divine plan for each of his children. This life isnt the end. It is just the beginning. And if we truely live the gospel of Jesus Christ we can one day be with our family forever.

I hope everyone has a great week!

Elder Townsend


No comments:

Post a Comment