Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

June 19, 2017


Well it was my first week in my new area of Villa Amelia! It so far has been super great! Its not really the city. It mostly is just neighborhoods and dirt roads with a handful of paved streets. The ward here seems pretty great to! The chapel is absolutely enormous! I wont mention if it safe or not, but to give an idea of what its like it is more dangerous than my last area, and my last area was probably the second most dangerous area in my mission. Lets just say that coming out of this area and going strait back to the States is going to be a huge change haha. This place is going to give me some mayor street-cred!

My new companion is named Franco Moroni Vasquez. Yes, that is his name. He is from the south of Argenina and is super great! It is going to be a awesome transfer working together.

Monday- A lot of packing and having to say goodbye. Its always hard leaving so many people you come to meet and love. 

Tuesday- We traveled to the offices in the morning and in the afternoon I arrived in my new area. Tuesday nights they have english classes in the chapel so we went to that and that was great. A lot of people actually went and it suprised me!

Wednesday- In the morning we did service in the Bishops warehouse that is located on the grounds of the chapel in this ward. It was actually pretty fun! We basically went around filling a cart with the orders that came in. In the afternoon we were able to find some great people and we taught a handful of lessons.

Thursday- Normal day. Full of visits and a lunch appointment that fell through 

Friday- Today at night we visited this part member family that is going to get married this Friday and the dad, our investigator, is going to be baptized the week after. The mom is so stressed about the wedding planning it hurt me inside. Luckily we were able to help her a bit getting things organized with the ward for the reception and everything. 

Saturday- It was my companions birthday today and we also had a baptism! Our investigator that got baptized is named Lucas. Everything turned out so perfectly. While we filled the font I made the cake that the argentines here love so much. It never fails to impress haha

Sunday- Today we left our apartment at 8:00 in the morning to go look for an investigator we had arranged to walk to church with. It was seriosuly so cold!!! It was an hour walk and my ears with the wind seriously almost fell off! The humidity just kills me here! The rest of the day was really productive and we were able to get a lot done and set up for this next coming week.

Well, I love the gospel so much. Honestly I can't express how rewarding this work is and how blessed I feel to be here. The church is true and it changes lives. 

Elder Townsend

No comments:

Post a Comment