Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

May 8, 2017
I think I am going to make this week a little different. I guess I really am just kinda getting bored of writing the routine of how my week went. I thought I would spice it up a little bit and do a detailed recap of just and average day. I think this would also be cool because I have realized so many people dont even have the slightest clue what missionaries do haha

Wednesday May 3rd:

6:30=7:00  We woke up and did exercises just like everyday. For excercises I guess I would say I just do prison excercises. Hey but that is really all we have haha 

7:00=8=30 We got ready for the day. I showered and then got dressed into my proseliting clothes. It takes a long time getting dressed as a missionary because there are seriously so many wardrope options to choose from... Then after I decided which tie to wear, I ate breakfeast. For breakfeast every morning I just eat oatmeal and the whites of 3 boiled eggs. I hate the yellow part so much, gross. I think the yellow is also bad for you to so maybe its a good thing I dont eat it. 

8:30=9.00 My companion and I went through our plans for the day. We use an agenda to schedule appointments with people and where to go. We also have a map and a binder with information about people that have talked with missionaries before. 

9:00=10:00 This is the hour of the day we personally study. So basically we read the scriptures or other church books to help prepare us for the things we are going to teach during the day and to just keep learning in general. Today I read the Book of Mormon and then I studied a little bit about prayer and fasting. Cool stuff.´

10:00=10:45 We walked a good distance and met up with a church member to go to an appointment. We finally got there and our investigator wasnt there. Story of my life haha. But anyways it was  good because we set plans with the member for her to invite our investigator to church later in the week.

10:45=12:00 We did a lot of walking going to a list of adresses we had written down of people that talked with missionaries before. When we do a lot of walking to we are always constantly talking with people in the street and trying to meet new people. We give out cards and pamphlets to people that have interest

12:00=12:30 We met this lady named Juana and quickly taught her about the Book of Mormon. She has a lot of interest and we will see her next week.

12:30=1:00 We walked to lunch while meeting a few people on the way

1.00= 2:00 We had lunch with this 26 year old in our ward named Leo. He is so cool. He was basically a drug runner before he was baptized 5 years ago. We had lunch with him and the other elders we live with. He made us noodles and chicken

2:00= 3:30 We headed back to our apartment and did more studies we have to do. We study spanish everyday and then we studied together as a companionship for our appointments for the day

3:30=9:00 Yeah so this is a super huge gap of time but I dont have much longer to type so I am going to have to summerize a lot haha. So basically in this time period we walked probably several few miles (which is average), taught a few lessons that we schedules with people we already knew, we found a great family that has a lot of interest, we probably got lied to about 10 times, we set several appointments for later in the week, we probably contacted about 30 people and I would say a good handful of them have interest, and our appointents for the night time werent home

9:00=10:30 We got back home and made some phone calls. Some other elders came to our apartment for the night from one of my old areas and they brought me some letter from some of my converts so that made my day. We talked and messed around with everyone. I am always just completely exhausted after everyday so I normally dont eat anything and just go to bed.

So that was a normal day of my life! I guess towards the end it wast very detailed but I blame my slow typing.

I hope everyone has a great week!


May 15, 2017
Monday- It was a super rainy day! So for our pday we just had to stay inside and that was a bummer. At night, due to the rain, all of our appointments fell through:( I swear mother nature has it out for me sometimes.

Tuesday- Today for lunch, my companion and I bought two kilos of meat and had a barbecue with one of our investigators named Ramon! It was super fun!  We recently helped him overcome an alcohol addiction and he is progressing great towards his baptisms! I seriously just love meat so much haha

Wednesday- At 6:00 in the morning we ran to our chapel and played soccer. It was super cold and dark but pretty fun because there were six of us because another companionship had to spend the night in our apartment. Then later in the day we did service for a less active member in our ward that is starting to come back and then after that it was basically just a regular day.

Thursday- It was a pretty normal day. We had some great lessons and nothing to crazy happened

Friday- Today we did divisions but luckily I was able to stay in my own area. I am getting so tired of doing so much traveling haha. It rained all day but we actually had a prett productive day! At night we had to do some traveling though to do a baptismal interview. 

Saturday- Another great day. We got a lot done. We even had a very lovely interaction with a drunk man. Did you know our church is called the ¨The Church of Jesus Christ Universal of the Universal days´´ ? That was something completely new to me...

Sunday- Mothers day! We got to skype and it was great to see my family again! Moms are the best! 

Well I hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment