Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Monday, July 31, 2017

July 31, 2017
Well it was a bit of a crazy week!

Monday- We played soccer in the morning today and it was seriously sooooo cold! It was even pushing the point where it wasn't even worth it. The rest of the day was pretty normal though. Proselyting  in the night was great. I also realized today that I think if I got a dollar for every 16 -year old, single mom I have taught in my mission I could pay for all of my college schooling.

Tuesday- In the morning we had a district meeting and we did an activity where we picked a random person in our area book that has talked with missionaries before and call them to try to set an appointment up. And of course the guy I picked had recently converted to a satanic religion and was very proud and excited about it. I love the unpredictability  of being a missionary haha. Today I also had to do divisions and go to another area. We had a super great day.

Wednesday- Today was the day we organized in the evening to do baptismal interviews for some of our investigators. Everything turned out just fine in the end but today I was just reminded how much Satan tries to do everything he can to stop people from changing and living better lives. It was almost like everything was against us for getting these interviews done haha. To list a few; my companion and I had a handful of problems we couldn't control to get to where we were suppose to meet other elders that came to do the interview, the elders that came to our area to do the interview while traveling in our area got chased down and robbed by people with knifes, when all four of us finally got to our investigators house a ton of craziness broke out with some neighbors, but.... we were finally able to get the interviews done and they passed:) It was quite the headache but worth it.

Thursday- It was a pretty full day with a lot of people we met and visited. I would say the highlight of the day was this 20 year old kid we met named jony. We had met jony a few weeks back but just had time today to pass by his house and see if he could read a pamphlet we left him. So when we got to his house he came out and said he had read it so we asked if we could come in and share more. So he lets us in his house/garage area and then just says ¨Ill be right back¨ and wanders off. So we were just like chilling in his house all alone for a few seconds and then his family comes in wondering what two strangers are doing in their house. It was kinda an awkward situation to say the least haha But yeah it turns out Jony was just drugged up and who knows where he went haha. 

Friday- At night today an investigator Peruvian family made us dinner. I love Peruvian food so much and I was so excited the whole day to eat with them but I did not see coming what they were going to make. They ended up cooking this dish with Mondongo, which is basically cow stomach. In my mission I have eaten some pretty gross stuff with no problem but Mondongo is my weakness. It was painfull.

Saturday- We had some baptisms today! Its always pretty stressful and hectic but everything always works out in the end. It was a great day

Sunday- Pretty normal day but the streets were just so crazy at night. I couldn't believe it.

Well I hope everyone has a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment