Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

May 22, 2017
Well transfers already came! Man everything just is a time blur. I get so confused sometimes. Sooooo..... I am staying here with my companion! And I seriously couldnt be happier because I am tired of packing haha. This transfer cycle though is only 3 weeks instead of 6 weeks because we are getting a new mission president so we will so what happens in the 3 weeks. My fingers are crossed...

Monday- It was really bad weather so we ended up not being able to do anything:( Pday still continues to be a challenge for me. I always am so tired and I need to use the time we have to rest but at the same time I can never sleep on Pday because there is always just so much on my mind after emailing,I guess that just is how it is haha. But anyway at night when we went out to proselite we taught several great lessons! Oh at night tonight  all four of us in the apartment were talking before we went to sleep and my companion seriously almost made me wet my pants. I dont know how the topic came up but the elders in my apartment started coming up with silly pick up lines I could use and my companion came up with this:
´Have you read your patriarcal blessing lately?´...´because you should go reread the part where it tells you that you will find your eternal companion at towns´-end´.... my goodness I thought that was so genious haha.... I dont know why I just included that in my big weekly email though... that is mainly just directed towards my brothers...

Tuesday- Today I did divisions and I had to go work in a different area. We had a pretty good day! Lunch was more of a challenge though. The gave us soda, and noodles mixed with oil... Let me make it clear I am always so greatful for all the sacrifices members make to feed us but I think out of everything I am excited about for going home, I think I am most excited about being able to have the liberty to decide what I eat and win haha.

Wednesday- In the morning we went on an adventure looking for baptismal clothes for another area in our zone that needed them. Then I finally got back to my own area we were able to have some great lessons. It was super cold today! And I dont know why but my body just cannot tolerate the coldness at all! It is always so funny because everyone freaks out when I shake their hand because my hands are super cold haha. 

Thursday- Today it rained super hard but luckily we were able to avoid it by entering some houses at the right times haha We went out with our new ward mission leader today and that was great too. He is a convert that basically was in this gang before he got baptized. Walking around with him was so interesting because no one would mess with us haha.

Friday- Today was the day. The glorious day I have been waiting for for so long. We finally went back to the house of the old lady that made us lemon pie several weeks ago. It was glorious. This time not only did she make lemon pie but brownies too. She is a saint. 

Saturday- Today we had a mini MTC activity in our ward with all of the youth! It was super awesome. It went from 9:00 in the morning to 6:00 in the afternoon and man I was completely exhausted afterwards haha. It was a super special experience. 

Sunday- Ok so for some strange reason members down here really love to know how much time missionaries have in their missions and how much time they have left. It{s somewhat annoying. But the worst part is they use it against us. I have developed a fear of going to the classes in church because it seems like everytime there is an opportunity I am asked and assigned to give the lesson. And the topic is always marriage and eternal families! And they do it in an attempt to make me uncomfortable because I am finishing my mission reletively soon. Its like a form of gospel bullying!!! They know that is definetly the last thing I want to be talking about!!!!

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather because I am already freezing down here!

Elder Townsend





No comments:

Post a Comment