Mathew 15:14-16

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

June 12, 2017
Well so today is the new day of a nine week transfer cycle and...... I am getting tansfered. I am going to an area called Villa Melia in a different zone. I am sad to leave but it should be exciting because I have never been there. I have heard good thing about the area to so it should be great. I am pretty sure my companion is Latino so that should be fun too.

2 weeks ago I couldnt send a big email but not much happened. If I remember right the only exicting things that happened that week were I got bit by a dog and my companion and I got locked in our bedroom for 12 hours. Besides that though it was a pretty normal week.

This past week was a pretty great week! We were able to get a lot of things done and met some really great people!

Monday- It was a pretty normal pday day but at night our power went off and it was freezing!! 

Tuesday- Today in the morning we had to get up early and travel to go to a zone conference. The only thing was the power was still off.... Showering in the dark is actually more fun than I thought though.... Then we got back to our area in the afternoon and made some great visits.

Wednesday- We did service in the morning so that was fun! Then after that we had a big family home evening with several families and the other elders in the ward. It was super great. 

Thursday- Normal day. We met several great people

Friday- It was so cold in the morning!!!!! Luckily though in the morning we were able to find this great family that let us in and that we taught. For lunch we had tacos so that was pretty fun too!

Saturday- Another great day. We taught several lessons and visited a lot of people.

Sunday- Today we had a stake conference and it was great! It was awesome because I was in this stake over a year ago and I know a large amount of the members and I got to see all of them again. I even got to see some of my old converts there. I cant even explain how happy that made me feel. I got to snag a picture with one of them, Agustin. I dont know if anyone remembers him but over a year ago he was just this kid in the street that asked what my companion and I have in our bags. We eventually ended up teaching him and he got baptized. Today I learnded that every sunday he bikes 20 minutes to church by himself. He recently turned 12 and is reparts the sacrament. He hangs out and plays soccer with the elders in his ward all the time.... Seriously so much joy is found in missionary work.

Well I hope everyone has a great week! 

Elder Townsend



No comments:

Post a Comment